The Shepherd's Hut at Washpen Falls is based in Windwhistle, and set on the same High Country Canterbury farm that also hosts the famous Washpen Falls Adventure Walk. This magical accommodation makes for an easy and nature-filled glamping escape.
Just one hour from Christchurch , the hut is tucked into a private oasis on the property. Set right next to a pretty wildlife pond, it's surrounded by majestic pines - and beyond that, large, rolling deer paddocks. During the Summer months take the rowboat out on the pond, or even go for a dip, a welcome respite from the Canterbury heat. In winter, the frost and occasional snowfall transforms the surrounds into a winter wonderland.
Oozing atmosphere, the accommodation is a fully-self contained traditional English Shepherd's Hut. There is an ensuite bathroom and kitchen inside the hut and an outdoor kitchen space for summer cooking and dining. A deep and luxurious wood-fired hot tub is nestled to the front of the Shepherd's Hut on the banks of the pond.
Nature abounds at Washpen Falls. During the 'roar season' keep an eye out for wild deer meandering close by to the campsite. Ducks love to take shelter on the pond and wood pigeons are often flying about. The bird song at Washpen Falls is extraordinary.
- 1 hour from Christchurch.
- 1 Queen Bedroom - Full linen and towels supplied
- 1 bathroom - shower and toilet
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Outdoor kitchen with gas Weber BBQ
- Wood burning stove with wood supplied
- Hot tub
- 45 minutes to be on the ski field at Mount Hutt.
- 10 minutes to golf at Terrace Downs High Country Resort.
- 20 minutes from Methven township.
- 25 minutes to Lake Coleridge Village.